[slime-devel] Re: [patch] Make it possible to keep FASL files in source directory

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Wed Jan 18 15:20:29 UTC 2006

On Boomtime, Chaos 17, 3172 YOLD, Helmut Eller wrote:

> I changed the loader so that there's a new entry point: load-swank
> which takes the fasl directory as optional argument.
>
> Here's an example how you could use it:

Thanks. I intend to use it rather on Lisp side (I connect Emacs with
M-x slime-connect) but this patch is fine for me.  If you also added
parameter with Slime source directory pathname (patch attached), it
would be perfect -- I want to keep fasl files just in Slime source
dir, and (swank-loader:load-swank :fasl-directory
swank-loader:*slime-source-directory*) would be the easiest way to
specify it.