[slime-devel] [patch] Make it possible to keep FASL files in source directory

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Wed Jan 18 23:23:41 UTC 2006

This makes swank no longer asdf loadable.
E.g. http://paste.lisp.org/display/15792

The problem is that UCW depends upon swank, but just stating that dependency
in the asd is no longer good enough. All the swank packages aren't there
until the load-swank function is called, and since files in UCW reference
the swank package we get a reader error.

The name "SWANK-BACKEND" does not designate any package.

Can we please make swank continue to be fully loaded by default? Maybe make
several ASD files, one similar to the current swank.asd that just makes
swank-loader available, and another that also loads a file that does
(swank-loader:load-swank) ?

Any thoughts?

Nathan Bird