[slime-devel] Re: Installing slime for clisp 2.35 - Error

Alexis Gallagher public at alexisgallagher.com
Tue Jan 10 14:00:23 UTC 2006

Surendra Singhi wrote:
> David Hodge <david at hodge.id.au> writes:
>
>> Very odd.
>>
>> I think probably a stale fasl
>>
>> I recompiled swak  outside of xemacs from the command line and
>> it now works fine
>>
> Yes, using the cvs version of slime worked.
>
> The slime release 1.2.1 uses the variable sys::*documentation*, which I think
> is no longer present in clisp 1.35 and this was causing the problem.
>
> Thanks.

I'm not sure if my problem is related to the one above, but I'm not able
to run xemacs, slime (version 1.2.1 or the cvs head (as of 10 jan 06)),
with clisp 2.35.

However, when I try to run slime, it fails more brutally. It gets to the
[1]> prompt and then right after I get a "Process inferior-lisp
segmentation fault". I'm running on OS X.

But it all works fine in emacs.

The slime "PROBLEMS" file mentions sometimes clisp needs to be invoked
with "clisp -K full" but I can't find any elisp variable or
customization setting that lets me set command line arguments to the
lisp process.

Anyone run into this problem? Is slime broken on xemacs/os x?

alexis