[slime-devel] Odd bug - heads up

Alan Ruttenberg alanr-l at mumble.net
Wed Jan 4 05:49:07 UTC 2006

I found that presentations which were in my repl input history,
weren't being recalled as presentations when I recalled previous
history - they were coming back as text, and so would generally
trigger a reader error when I tried the command.

I tracked this down to

(defun slime-repl-replace-input (string)
   (slime-repl-delete-current-input)
   (setq it string)
   (insert-and-inherit string))

If one uses insert, instead of insert-and-inherit then repl history
works correctly for presentations, for me.

No idea why this is problematic. It looks like this function has been
this way for a long time - perhaps a bug in the emacs I am using (OS
X tiger, fink installed, I think).

Anyways, thought I'd post this in case anyone else was having the
same problem, or had some insight as to why this is happening.

-Alan