[slime-devel] SLIME+Allegro on Windows

mikel mikel at evins.net
Thu Feb 23 22:13:39 UTC 2006

Franz wants Peter Seibel's Lispbox to work with acl on Windows. The
obstacle is that acl is not a console application on Windows, and
doesn't provide a connection to standard input and standard output in
the normal way. I've agreed to do a little legwork to find a way around
this problem, and the first thing it occurred to me to do was to ask
SLIME-devel what sort of connection support SLIME would need to connect
to acl. Is it sufficient for the running acl to provide sockets, so that
the lisp-side server can respond to the emacs-side SLIME protocol?

What issues am I not thinking of in my naive view of this problem?