[slime-devel] SBCL Win32

Jeremy Shute shutej at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:12:49 UTC 2006

I have recently discovered that Windows now has SBCL releases.  I just about
fell out of my chair -- the day is nigh!

When I try to fire up CVS head SLIME, I get this:

debugger invoked on a UNDEFINED-FUNCTION:
  The function SB-UNIX:UNIX-GETUID is undefined.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-KERNEL::UNDEFINED-FUN-ERROR-HANDLER
 #<unavailable argument>
 #.(SB-SYS:INT-SAP #X0022F3C4)
 #<SB-ALIEN-INTERNALS:ALIEN-VALUE :SAP #X0022F0CC :TYPE (*
                                                         (SB-ALIEN:STRUCT

SB-VM::OS-CONTEXT-T-STRUCT))>
 (14))
0]

Being somewhat enamored, I'd like to help...

* (apropos 'uid)

UID
:SB-FLUID (bound)
SB-UNIX:ST-UID
SB-UNIX:UNIX-GETUID
SB-UNIX:SETUIDEXEC
SB-UNIX:UID-HOMEDIR
SB-UNIX:UID-USERNAME
SB-UNIX:UNIX-UID
SB-UNIX:S-ISUID
SB-UNIX:UID-T

* (describe 'sb-unix:unix-uid)

SB-UNIX:UNIX-UID is an external symbol in #<PACKAGE "SB-UNIX">.
It names a type specifier.

The type is there, but not the function to generate instances of it.  Who's
working on this, where's the code, and what can I do to help?

Jeremy