[slime-devel] Re: remote slime fails

Giovanni Gigante giov at cidoc.iuav.it
Fri Feb 3 17:15:07 UTC 2006

Zach Beane wrote:

>SLIME 1.2.1 is much too old to work with SBCL 0.9.7.

Thanks. Turns out you are right. By installing the CVS version on the
remote client, now it works.
However, the non-working version that I had installed was the only
tarball available on the slime website, so I thought i was a recent one
(it was not, it seems). I suggest that someone put a new tarball on the
web site: using cvs is not very friendly for, say, a humble NT-emacs user.
If that is not possible, at least it could be a good idea to write a
warning that a non-cvs version could not work with a recent SBCL.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Giovanni