[slime-devel] lack of set-keymap-parent usage in slime

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:09:59 UTC 2006

dear list,

recently, while customizing my slime setup, i realized that the
keymaps in slime are not chained with set-keymap-parent but instead
there's a slime-keys defvar holding the standard slime bindings and
they are defined into the individual keymaps slime creates.

is there a fundamental catch that i'm not aware of or is it just
historical reasons that it's done like that?

either way, i'll experiment with a local slime using set-keymap-parent
and see how it will behave.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)