[slime-devel] Re: cvs committed darcs changes

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 15:11:07 UTC 2006

> The benefit for developers (some), the pain for users (some). The
> problem is that one is getting and another one is paying the price.

the "users" of slime are developers. i may be way too short-sighted on
this but i can't imagine that more then a marginal fraction of slime
"users" need to install darcs only because they want to get the latest
slime.

but this is getting more about protecting different point of views
then a fruitful discussion about how to make things work better. i
proposed something i think is better for everyone, i made my share of
the work, and i'll let it die unless others back up behind the idea.
(which means that there's no need to argue _against_ darcs while i'm
alone, because nothing will happen to the official slime repo)

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)