[slime-devel] Re: cvs committed darcs changes

Ignas Mikalajunas ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 14:32:56 UTC 2006

> they don't have to know about any of this: one big command line ready
> to be copy-pasted that gets the official stable repo.

The point of my rant was to say that: darcs is not universally
available on as many computers as CVS is. Even svn sometimes is a bad
idea, because it is less widespread than CVS is. Making users download
darcs to use slime might be a bit too much (ymmv though)

> in my point of view, subversion is out of the scope because it's not a
> distributed source control system (it's basically cvs rewritten).

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought that you wanted the switch
to make your use-case easier to support, but apparently you want to
convert slime developers to darcs users.

> any kind of change in any aspect of life means that you need to leave
> a local minimum of "energy consumption" in the hope of reaching a
> better one. it's just like when you learn a new language, but i guess
> i don't need to go into the details of this particular tought on this
> particular list... :)

The benefit for developers (some), the pain for users (some). The
problem is that one is getting and another one is paying the price.

Ignas