[slime-devel] Re: (code-char 256), connections dies with 256

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Dec 17 14:45:54 UTC 2006

"Florian Ebeling" <florian.ebeling at gmail.com> writes:

> when I enter (code-char 256) in the repl, it dies, and in the minibuffer
> emacs says: Lisp connection died unexpectedly; exit code 256
> (to that tune).
>
> Using sbcl 0.9.8.0-1ubuntu3
> and slime HEAD from cvs on Linux 2.6.15-27-686.

Do you have

  (setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)

set in .emacs?

Also, your SBCL is almost a year older then your Slime, which may very
well be a factor here. I'd suggest you update your SBCL (preferably
from upstream).

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."