[slime-devel] Re: Console raw during a SLIME session

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Dec 10 11:44:55 UTC 2006

Sean Charles <sean.charles at objitsu.com> writes:

>> I think, that on SBCL/MacOS it should work if you start SBCL in the
>> terminal, load and start the Swank server from there, and connect to
>> it from Emacs with `M-x slime-connect'. SB-SYS:*TTY* should then hold
>> the stream to the terminal in raw mode. This way you still need to
>> switch windows, but at least you get proper terminal emulation.

> So, my procedure is now:

Since you're now using SB-SYS:*TTY*, please be aware that it is not a
supported interface, but a private one, and may go away or change in
the future.

(Though now that we have a use-case out in the open, it is more likely
to be replaced with something explicitly supported then go away, of
course.)

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."