[slime-devel] Feature suggestion

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Tue Aug 29 15:10:21 UTC 2006

On Aug 28, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Bradford W Miller wrote:

> "* everyone should learn to just bind the `[' key to
>    insert-delimited-parenthesis anyhow."
>
> Not those of us who use logic languages embedded into Lisp. []'s are
> used
> to denote rules as ()'s are used to denote expressions.

Well,  not all the "rule based languages" use that notation.

> But I concur that the lispworks behavior is surprising, confusing, and
> should not be taken as a general model of how most of us want to
> interact
> with the REPL.

Most features in Slime are on/off.   Though I personally do not care
*that* much about having the feature in, its existence and use in
Lispworks is evidence of at least some popularity.  Having said so, I
almost want to apologize for having unleashed such a thread on the list
:)

Cheers

Marco

--
Marco Antoniotti					http://bioinformatics.nyu.edu/~marcoxa
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488