[slime-devel] encoding problem ?

Pascal Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Apr 25 11:58:35 UTC 2006

Jean-Christophe Helary writes:
> The only place where I could find any kind of reference
> about :EXTERNAL-FORMAT was the "implementation notes" on the CLISP page.

Well, the Hyperspec page about OPEN mentions it, but the only value
that you can give to it portably is :DEFAULT

 http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_open.htm

All the other values are implementation dependant, hence the need to
look at the specific implementation notes.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__               _  Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email (o_ the computer industry all around