[slime-devel] Re: Trace in Lispworks

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon Apr 17 10:14:06 UTC 2006

Alain Picard <Alain.Picard at memetrics.com> writes:

> Dear Slimers,
>
> Recently, (well, OK, not that recently, but I only now finally
> got tired enough to report it) tracing broke in some situations
> under LispWorks.  In something like this:

i've been using (but for some reason haven't commited) this for
openmcl:

(defimplementation toggle-trace (spec)
  "We currently ignore just about everything."
  (ecase (car spec)
    (setf
     (ccl::%trace spec))
    (:defmethod
     (ccl::%trace (second spec)))
    (:defgeneric
     (ccl::%trace (second spec)))
    (:call
     (toggle-trace (third spec)))
    ;; mb: FIXME: shouldn't we warn that we're not doing anything for
    ;; these two?
    (:labels nil)
    (:flet nil))
  t)

> I wonder if there's some way of changing what gets sent
> to the underlying lisp based on some choice of implementation
> variable.  The work seems to be done in SLIME-EXTRACT-CONTEXT,
> and there are no current hooks.

personally i think it's cleaner to just implementation toggle-trace
admititng that we don't actually do much.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.