[slime-devel] Trace in Lispworks

Alain Picard Alain.Picard at memetrics.com
Sun Apr 16 09:06:38 UTC 2006

Dear Slimers,

Recently, (well, OK, not that recently, but I only now finally
got tired enough to report it) tracing broke in some situations
under LispWorks.  In something like this:

(defmethod foo :after ((bar blah))
   (bang bar))

If point is on `foo' and you hit C-c C-t
Slime offers to trace
(:defmethod foo :after (blah))

This may work in other lisps, but it doesn't in LW.

In LW, the following _would_ work, however:
(trace (method foo :after (blah)))

Tracing of FLETs and LABELs just doesn't work, AFAIK,
so I never get bitten trying to trace those.

I wonder if there's some way of changing what gets sent
to the underlying lisp based on some choice of implementation
variable.  The work seems to be done in SLIME-EXTRACT-CONTEXT,
and there are no current hooks.

I have a local patch, but it basically clobbers the whole
functionality and is obviously not suitable for slime as a whole.

Cheers,

                                Alain Picard

--
Please read about why Top Posting