[slime-devel] Re: Slime 1.2.1

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Apr 12 13:25:01 UTC 2006

> Heh, nice trick, invent a problem, propose a fix, and insist that it
> be done, while telling anyone pointing at the man behind the curtain
> that they are wrong, and failing to answer their questions.

Let's see. Problem as Mario stated it, which I happen to agree with:

 "Slime 1.2.1 tarball is outdated."

Mario's proposed fix:

 "I can make new tarballs if that is ok with Slime developers."

Your man behind the curtain:

 "SBCL developers aren't nice, and #lisp isn't too helpfull."

While I can agree with your sentiments I don't see the relevance here:
there is a demonstrated need for tarballs (people behind company
firewalls can't always get at CVS), and unless you want to claim 1.2.1
as being up to date new ones are needed. Whether they are releases or
automagic CVS snapshots is a different, but equally unrelated to SBCL
and #lisp, issue.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."