[slime-devel] Re: Slime 1.2.1

Mario S.Mommer m_mommer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 11:28:05 UTC 2006

Hello,

GP lisper <spambait at CloudDancer.com> writes:
> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:57:43 +0200, <m_mommer at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> During the last few weeks, I have seen lots of people stumble over the
>> slime-1.2.1 tarball, and having it not work. I think this is a pitty.
>
> Who?  Brand new users?  Old-timers??  With the lack of posts here, I'd
> guess it's beginners, and you only hear about failures from them.

If what you are saying is that only newbies have problems with the
1.2.1 thing, well, yes. What does that change? I don't understand your
point.

> Once I got slime working, I've never had a problem from CVS that
> wasn't immediately cleared up - i.e., no loss of opportunity to code
> Lisp.

That's nice to hear. I've had no problems with slime _whatsoever_, and
don't remember ever hitting a bug. The only things that have happened
to me is that I discover by accident yet another feature :-)

>> If nobody wants to engineer regular releases, it would be already a
>> *lot* better to just substitute the slime-1.2.1 with weekly snapshots.
>
> Getting it from CVS is simple, is easily automated, and is the most
> 'up-to-date'.  I'm strongly in favor of minimizing the workload on
> devs.

That's why I offered to help with this.

Regards,
        Mario.