[slime-devel] Re: Slime 1.2.1

GP lisper spambait at CloudDancer.com
Mon Apr 10 10:08:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:57:43 +0200, <m_mommer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> During the last few weeks, I have seen lots of people stumble over the
> slime-1.2.1 tarball, and having it not work. I think this is a pitty.

Who?  Brand new users?  Old-timers??  With the lack of posts here, I'd
guess it's beginners, and you only hear about failures from them.
Once I got slime working, I've never had a problem from CVS that
wasn't immediately cleared up - i.e., no loss of opportunity to code
Lisp.

> If nobody wants to engineer regular releases, it would be already a
> *lot* better to just substitute the slime-1.2.1 with weekly snapshots.

Getting it from CVS is simple, is easily automated, and is the most
'up-to-date'.  I'm strongly in favor of minimizing the workload on
devs.

--
If you use SLIME, it will categorize compiler noise for you into
Errors, Warnings, and Notes.  Lets see VI match that!