[slime-devel] SLIME48: a Swank back end in Scheme48

Alan Ruttenberg alanr-l at mumble.net
Sat Sep 17 04:37:13 UTC 2005

Just a note of support for the general idea of incorporating Taylor's
extension.

1) Selfish: I'd probably write more scheme code if there was a decent
(= slime :) development environment
2) It seems like it is only gently touching the existing code
3) My opinion: More implementations have, in this project, led to
better abstraction, which in turn has benefited all the
implementations. I don't see why the the scheme backend won't lead to
the same type of improvements.

Caveat: I don't understand the full implications as deeply as Helmut
does - e.g. I wouldn't have picked up the cc/repl issue (until it
happened to me). However it seems like a good start that his issue has
already been addressed with a patch. I'm interested in seeing more
substantive criticism.

-Alan