[slime-devel] Problems with AllegroCL and completion

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Oct 9 23:49:07 UTC 2005

Hi!

Today I noticed that there seem to be significant problems with
AllegroCL (I'm using 7.0 pro on both Windows and Linux) and
completion.  SLIME is current from CVS.

For me the problem is reproducible like that:

  1. The TAB key is bound to slime-indent-and-complete-symbol.

  2. In the REPL buffer type, say,

     (use-package :d

  3. Now, with the cursor after the "d" type TAB several times in a
     row very fast.

This suffices to completely trash everything for me.  On Windows,
Emacs goes up to 60% CPU usage and doesn't react anymore, on Linux
AllegroCL goes up to 95% CPU usage.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Edi.