[slime-devel] Re: Persistent REPL history

GP lisper spambait at CloudDancer.com
Sun Oct 2 10:07:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 01:15:49 -0700, <tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> How would my suggestion be insufficient for how you want to use the
> REPL history?

It's just a matter of different work habits.  I've already saved
everything prior to C-x C-c, and when I type that, I expect emacs to
disappear and I'm preset to the next move.  Getting prompted then is
an annoying interruption.

It's clear that for simplicity, your method is better.

--
In Common Lisp quite a few aspects of pathname semantics are left to
the implementation.