[slime-devel] Re: M-p/M-n doesn't move to the note in cvs slime and xemacs

Raymond Toy raymond.toy at ericsson.com
Wed May 18 14:45:22 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller wrote:
> Raymond Toy <rtoy at earthlink.net> writes:
>

>>After updating slime to the CVS slime version of 2005-05-16 to get the
>>GC message changes, I notice that M-p/M-n no longer seems to move the
>>the previous/next compiler note when in the Lisp buffer.  The compiler
>>notes seem to be highlighted correctly, but M-p/M-n always say no next
>>note.
>

> With "highlighted correctly" you mean that you can do `M-x
> slime-list-compiler-notes' and then type RET on some note and the
> source gets highlighted?

Hmm.  Let me try it with this simple function, in a new file, no symlinks:

(defun foo (x)
   (let ((y x))
     (bar x y z)))

C-c C-c produces 4 notes in compiler-notes.

-+  Warnings (4)
  |-- Undefined function BAR
  |-- Undefined variable Z
  |-- This variable is undefined:
  `-- This function is undefined:
        BAR

Hitting enter on the first warning, causes the parens around (bar x y z)
to be highlighted.  The entire form is underlined.

Hitting enter on the next line does nothing.  Hitting enter on the third
line says no error location available.

Some relevant parts of *slime-events*:

(:emacs-rex
  (swank:compiler-notes-for-emacs)
  nil t 3)
(:return
  (:ok
   ((:message "Undefined function BAR " :severity :warning :location
	     (:location
	      (:buffer "notes.lisp")
	      (:position 35)
	      nil)
	     :references nil :short-message "Undefined function BAR ")
    (:message "Undefined variable Z" :severity :warning :location
	     (:location
	      (:buffer "notes.lisp")
	      (:position 35)
	      nil)
	     :references nil :short-message "Undefined variable Z")
    (:message "This variable is undefined:\n  Z" :severity :warning
:location
	     (:error "No error location available.")
	     :references nil :short-message "This variable is undefined:\n  Z")
    (:message "This function is undefined:\n  BAR" :severity :warning
:location
	     (:error "No error location available.")
	     :references nil :short-message "This function is undefined:\n  BAR")))
  3)

Moving to the file, hitting M-n/M-p just says no next note.

I'll poke around some more.

Ray