[slime-devel] problems with slime CVS and xemacs 21.4.15

Nathan Froyd froydnj at cs.rice.edu
Fri Mar 25 18:16:03 UTC 2005

I think this is really an Emacs problem, but Slime is the first
Emacs package I've used where problems like this have come up, so
I'm asking here first.

I'm running XEmacs 21.4.15 on OS X 10.3.8.  I just updated my Slime
to the newest, shiniest CVS version (from 1.0 or so), only to find out
that it won't work with my XEmacs.  Near as I can tell, it's because
my XEmacs isn't MULE-ized ({make,find}-coding-system do not exist) and
Slime really wants MULE or some semblance thereof to operate.  I
assume then that Slime does not support non-MULE emacsen...is this a
correct assumption?  Or do I just need a newer XEmacs that features
(some) support for coding systems in non-MULE builds?  I see from
looking at the archives that people seem to be using Slime CVS in
XEmacs, but it's not clear whether those are MULE builds or not.

Thanks,
--
Nathan | From Man's effeminate slackness it begins.  --Paradise Lost