[slime-devel] Jump to source code

hww hww at inbox.ru
Fri Mar 18 08:16:31 UTC 2005

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>Edi Weitz writes:
> > On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:27:00 +0200, hww <hww at inbox.ru> wrote:
> >
> > > This is bad.
> > > What is the problem with file without definition?
> >
> > A file without function definitions is not a program, that's very
> > simple.
>
>Well, kind of.  The toplevel is good for interactively poking at
>things, but it can also be nice to do that in a buffer.

Absolutely true! This is similar MEL in Maya. Just make
sequense execute it. Then it can be used as source.
Some kind of interactivity.

>That said, I don't get hww's question.  If you have a buffer full of
>disembodied forms you want to evaluate, point to them and say "eval
>this", aka C-M-x.  Don't just write scripts.  If you do things that
>way, it has the advantage that you *know* where the error was, you're
>pointing at it.

So My friend shown me that the problem was that C-c C-c
does not shows error message when I did it first time
in session. After fisrt C-c C-c (for nothing) all begin works OK
And all another C-c C-c shows error message, and underline
all errors.

I got  that while compiler shows error, it does not create
somthing. And that is why when I start function and it shows
error I can't jump from (foo) frame.

But, this is not problem cause compiler should show message
and error should be corrected.

My friend show me another example

(defun foo(a)
  (/ 2 a)
)

(foo 0)

Which compiled without errors but still has this error. And
when program breaks here. 'v' (even as M-p/M-n) from frame
(foo 0) jumps to source wery well. :)

I can claim that SLIME works (with some but)
but I can't be aggree friends, that SLIME+EMACS is easy
to use IDE. Sorry. :)

But I can be aggree that it is besta what I saw for Lisp.