[slime-devel] Re: installing slime in fedora core 3?

Jason Wang randomtalk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 01:37:10 UTC 2005

sorry i'm not very responsive recently.. my harddrive just crashed..
reinstalling everything.. and fedora core isn't working well either..
so i did a harddrive install of knoppix :D it's so far working fine..
and from what i heard, it's basically a debian install when you
install it to harddrive :D

anyhow.. i tried again to install slime on my knoppix, still it gave
me the same message.. when i type in lisp in shell window, it just
says lisp: command not found.. no, i have not installed any common
lisp implemenation... do i need them? if i do, which one is better?
SBCL or CMUCL? i'll try to install them now, see how it works :D

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:20:20 +0100, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:32:32 -0500, Jason Wang <randomtalk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > mmm.. i tried "M-x slime", it returned "searching for program, no
> > such file or directory, lisp"
> >
> > anyone know what's happening?
>
> So it's searching for the program `lisp' and doesn't find it.  Maybe
> it isn't there?  What happens if you type `lisp' in a shell window?
> Have you installed any Common Lisp implementation?
>
> Cheers,
> Edi.

www.programer.name - my own personal blog : )

The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a
hell of heav'n. What matter where, if I be still the same, and what I
should be, all but less than he whom thunder hath made greater?  Here
at least we shall be free; th' Almighty hath not built here for his
envy, will not drive us hence: Here we may reign secure, and in my
choice to reign is worth ambition though in hell: Better to reign in
hell, than serve in heav'n.
---  John Milton, in his epic poem Paradise Lost