[slime-devel] slime-edit-definition woes

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Mar 4 21:13:41 UTC 2005

Hi!

One of the last CVS updates somehow managed to break
slime-edit-definition for me.  Sometimes, if I press M-. to go to a
function's definition Emacs hangs completely, CPU load goes up to
100%, C-g doesn't work anymore, and I have to kill both Emacs and the
Lisp to continue.  Needless to say, this is highly annoying.

I'd like to come up with a simple test case but unfortunately this
only happens sometimes and when it happens it's too late to debug it.

I've seen this with CMUCL 19a as well as with AllegroCL 7.0, Emacs is
FSF 21.3 on Linux.

Am I the only one?

Thanks,
Edi.