[slime-devel] Forget what I just said (Was: Re: HEAD requires SBCL 0.8.20 (Was: Breakage with bleeding edge SBCL))

Nikodemus Siivola tsiivola at cc.hut.fi
Thu Mar 3 08:26:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> I'm putting the backwards-compatibility back in but let's remove it as
> soon as the next SBCL is released.

Heh, sorry, I should have been clearer about that.

Anyways, if Slime was to present a wishlist debugger interface (not
"export everything we use", but "here's a list of abstract functionalities
we need"), I might have a look at providing actually supported ways of
doing doing what you're doing in SBCL.

An idle thought: how stable is the SWANK protocol? If it was documented
then implementations could potentially support it directly: sb-swank as a
contrib kind of thing.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."