[slime-devel] Re: It's not just me! [was: CLISP on Windows?]

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Tue Jun 28 01:08:23 UTC 2005

"Karsten Poeck" <Karsten.poeck at gmail.com> writes:

> "Peter Seibel" <peter at gigamonkeys.com> wrote in message
> news:m2br5sebpr.fsf at gigamonkeys.com...
>> starts up and b) I see the trace of comint-send-string. So does anyone
>> have any idea why this isn't working? FWIW, I have cygwin installed on
>> this box but I'm not (as far as I know) using it in Lispbox--I have a
>> .bat file that launches Lispbox and I'm using the plain vanilla binary
>> distributions of Emacs and CLISP.
>>
> Is the clisp binary you are using based on mingw or on visual c?

Dunno; it's whatever the clisp-2.33.2-win32.zip available from
Sourceforge is.

> I will try to create a mingw build, but I don't have the compiler to
> create a visual c version.  My working version is based on cygwin.

So you built 2.33.2 yourself under cygwin? I assume that such a binary
will only run on machines that have cygwin installed, right? Is there
any chance you could download the win32 binary from Sourceforge and
let me know if that works for you?

-Peter

Peter Seibel           * peter at gigamonkeys.com