[slime-devel] a question and a bug

Larry D'Anna smoof-ra at elder-gods.org
Sat Jun 18 18:49:51 UTC 2005

The question:  I'd really like to be able to use slime with a unix
domain socket.  I saw some
stuff about this in the archives but it wasn't clear whether or not
there were any plans on
actually incorporating this into slime.  So my question is: is anyone
working on this? and if
not would you accept a patch that did it?

The bug: For some reason slime sets the common-lisp-indent-function
property on symbols
instead of the lisp-indent-function property, which is apparently what
emacs actually
uses.  The bug is fixed by throwing the following into
slime-handle-indentation-update:

(put symbol 'lisp-indent-function indent)