[slime-devel] Re: feture suggjestion

Gerd Flaig gefla at pond.sub.org
Thu Jun 23 21:31:03 UTC 2005

Knut Olav Bøhmer <bohmer at gmail.com> writes:

> killing threads in a infinite loop is like killing any other thread.
> slime-list-threads (C-c C-x t)
> then arrow up and down to your (un)favorite thread of choice, then press "k".

now I'm confused. I typed the following in a buffer named foo.lisp:

   (defun endless () (endless))

   (endless)

After the defun, I did C-c C-c and after the (endless) C-x C-e. CPU
load goes to 100% as expected, but C-c C-x t only shows

  1: Initial                   Run

and no other threads. Superior lisp is Cmucl in my case. What
implementation are you using?

>> On Thu Jun 23, 2005 at 12:02:06PM +0200, Knut Olav B?hmer wrote:
>> > [ threads named 'worker']
>> >
>> > So If the thread got the name "worker + buffer name" then I would have
>> > slightly more control.

"worker + buffer name 2" might be good if you want to distinguish
between threads started from the same buffer.

     Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
The last thing one knows in constructing a work is what to put first.
                -- Blaise Pascal