[slime-devel] Re: M-p/M-n doesn't move to the note in cvs slime and xemacs

Raymond Toy raymond.toy at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 16 16:10:49 UTC 2005

Raymond Toy wrote:
> Helmut Eller wrote:
>
>> Raymond Toy <raymond.toy at ericsson.com> writes:
>>

>>> So perhaps slime-remove-old-overlays is broken on xemacs?
>>

>> Hmm.. slime-remove-old-overlays is very simple.  I'd be surprised if
>> there it is broken.
>> We have some compatibility workarounds for
>> {next,previous}-single-char-property-change. Maybe those are bogus.
>>

> You are right.  It's not slime that's broken, but xemacs 21.5.20.  With
> my little example:
>
> (defun foo (x)
>   (let ((y x))
>     (bar x y z)))
>
> in 21.5.18, (next-single-property-change 2 'slime) returns 7, but in
> 21.5.20, that returns nil.

Oops.  I just noticed that xemacs 21.5.20 has it's own
next-single-char-property-change.  And this one actually works, when I
remove the definitions for them in slime.el.

I don't know enough about slime implemenation, but for xemacs 21.5.20,
slime shouldn't define it's own next-single-char-property-change.  Well,
except that it returns NIL and not point-max if there is no property change.

Ray