[slime-devel] Re: M-p/M-n doesn't move to the note in cvs slime and xemacs

Raymond Toy raymond.toy at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 16 15:47:39 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller wrote:
> Raymond Toy <raymond.toy at ericsson.com> writes:
>

>>So perhaps slime-remove-old-overlays is broken on xemacs?
>

> Hmm.. slime-remove-old-overlays is very simple.  I'd be surprised if
> there it is broken.
>
> We have some compatibility workarounds for
> {next,previous}-single-char-property-change. Maybe those are bogus.

You are right.  It's not slime that's broken, but xemacs 21.5.20.  With
my little example:

(defun foo (x)
   (let ((y x))
     (bar x y z)))

in 21.5.18, (next-single-property-change 2 'slime) returns 7, but in
21.5.20, that returns nil.

I guess I'll have to take this up with the xemacs folks.

Thanks for your patience,

Ray