[slime-devel] slime wish list 1

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Jun 15 09:17:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

o enhancement: selector r -> switch to another Lisp's repl if already in a repl

o enhancement: C-c C-m in macroexpansion buffer (*SLIME Description*)
  should leave window as is (currently switches that same already visible buffer to the next window, causing visual confusion)

o enhancement: C-c C-m inside macroexpansion in *SLIME Description could expand in place
  instead of replacing the whole buffer with the new expansion

o *Slime Inspector* name not coherent with either *SLIME Apropos* or
  *slime-events*, I suggest *SLIME Inspector*

I'm about to send one more clisp-specific patch, but these things came to my mind during my first approach to SLIME.

[I'm still using slime-1.2.1, but promise to move to the next FAIRLY-STABLE CVS when it will include my apropos patches]
o doc suggestion: mention in doc & web site that
http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs_root.tar.gz?tarball=1&cvsroot=slime&only_with_tag=FAIRLY-STABLE
can be used to download the FAIRLY-STABLE tarball. I built that URL on my own, and it seemed to work correctly.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.