[slime-devel] arglist: string-upcase not a string: #1=("length" 0 6 (swank-io-p ackage::startopen ...

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Jun 15 09:14:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

has anybody ever been hit by this error? I searched the archives and found nothing.

arglist: string-upcase not a string:
 #1=("length" 0 6 (swank-io-package::startopen t swank-io-package:end-open t))

It happens in both cmucl and clisp after typing the space following e.g. "(length " in either the repl or a Lisp-slime buffer. Sometimes, there's no error, and the arglist gets displayed in the mini-buffer, as expected.

But it does not happen consistently. I.e. it just happened now again, after a long period of peace :-)

It happens with slime-1.2.1 and the fairly-stable snapshot from ~2 weeks ago.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.