[slime-devel] SB-EXT:PACKAGE-LOCKED-ERROR

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Sat Jul 23 23:24:57 UTC 2005

Hello:

Using cvs ver last update july 21.
Inferior lisp is SBCL 0.9.0

When loading lisp file and typing M-x slime, I get the following
(abbreviated) error message
debugger invoked on a SB-EXT:PACKAGE-LOCKED-ERROR in thread 2427:
  Lock on package SB-VM violated when interning THREAD-OS-THREAD-SLOT.
  See also:
    The SBCL Manual, Node "Package Locks"
(SB-EXT:PACKAGE-LOCK-VIOLATION #<PACKAGE "SB-VM">)

I'm new to lisp and slime, and relatively callow with emacs.

I'm currently looking at
http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Operations-Violating-Package-Locks.html#Operations%20Violating%20Package%20Locks
but given my unfamiliarity with the topic, I'm currently unsure of a
fix.

Any help, advice or pointers to docs is welcome.
Thanks
tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com>