[slime-devel] Re: Handling ^M and ^H characters output from ext:run-program?

GP lisper spambait at CloudDancer.com
Sat Jul 16 17:24:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:37:33 -0700, <jeffrey at cunningham.net> wrote:
> On Fri Jul 15, 2005 at 10:13:27PM -0700, GP lisper wrote:
>> Read manual.
>>
>>   (with-open-stream (rip (ext:process-output
>> 			     (ext:run-program "cdrecord"
>> 					      '("-blah" "-foo=" "fie")
>> 					      :output :stream :wait nil :error nil)))
>>
>> You might want a different :wait option.
>

> I can't figure out how to access anything from the rip
> input-stream. I *have* read the manuals. It seems like this should
> work:
>

> (with-open-stream (rip
>                    (ext:process-output
>                     (ext:run-program "cdrdao"
>                                      `("read-test" "-v" "1" "--device"

This needs to be a list, I'm not up enough on backtick tricks to know
if it is.  Double check in the process list (something similar to "top
-c" with a fast rep rate) that the proper arguments appear.

>                                        ,*burner-scsi-id* ,tocfile)
>                                      :output :stream
>                                      :wait nil
>                                      :error t)))
    (when rip
      (loop for line = (read-line rip nil)
	    while line do
 	     (format t "~a~%" line))
      (close rip)))

Is ~ what I use daily.  I built it up playing in the REPL.

--
[ingvar] Modelling forest damage by storms with regular expressions is...
  a curious idea.