[slime-devel] Re: Handling ^M and ^H characters output from ext:run-program?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Sat Jul 16 14:37:33 UTC 2005

On Fri Jul 15, 2005 at 10:13:27PM -0700, GP lisper wrote:
> Read manual.
>
>   (with-open-stream (rip (ext:process-output
> 			     (ext:run-program "cdrecord"
> 					      '("-blah" "-foo=" "fie")
> 					      :output :stream :wait nil :error nil)))
>
> You might want a different :wait option.

I can't figure out how to access anything from the rip input-stream. I *have* read the manuals. It seems like this should work:

(with-open-stream (rip
                   (ext:process-output
                    (ext:run-program "cdrdao"
                                     `("read-test" "-v" "1" "--device"
                                       ,*burner-scsi-id* ,tocfile)
                                     :output :stream
                                     :wait nil
                                     :error t)))
  (do ((line (read-line rip nil 'eof)
             (read-line rip nil 'eof)))
      ((eql line 'eof))
    (format t "~a~%" line)))

But it executes without producing any output. Any ideas?

--Jeff