[slime-devel] Re: It's not just me!

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Jul 7 12:40:31 UTC 2005

Hi,
>Given some more time, I'll start clisp in a console window,
>connect via socket and see if/how ^C gets propagated.

I now started clisp in a separate console window on MS-Windows-2k
used M-x slime-connect.
Slime does not know how to interrupt CLISP.
(signal-process (clisp's PID) 'SIGINT) does not work -- as expected.
(signa-process (get-buffer-process ...)) does not work either, because although Emacs' socket-connection is mapped to a process object, signaling it does not work -- (process-id) returns nil, not an integer.

Then I hit ^C in the console window. To my surprise, I got the REPL in that window. I had expected the slime debug driver to be active, and to send the break interaction to the Emacs slime debugger?!?
[8]> (swank:create-server)
;; Swank started at port: 4005.
;; Connection to Emacs lost.
;; [
READ-CHAR: Ctrl-C: User break
]
4005
[9]>

OTOH, entering (break) in the slime REPL popped up the SLIME debugger.

Obviously, there are real differences in behaviour between Linux and MS-Windows here.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.