[slime-devel] Re: It's not just me! [was: CLISP on Windows?]

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sat Jul 2 20:40:55 UTC 2005

"Karsten Poeck" <Karsten.poeck at gmail.com> writes:

>> So you built 2.33.2 yourself under cygwin? I assume that such a binary
>> will only run on machines that have cygwin installed, right? Is there
>> any chance you could download the win32 binary from Sourceforge and
>> let me know if that works for you?
>>
> Ok, done that and also tried a mingw build.
> clisp cvs head mingw (no need for cygwin) works with slime cvs head
> clisp released version for windows from sourceforge does not work (starts
> up, loads slime but does not connect)

Okay, so now that my subject line is further justified, I'd be
delighted if anyond has any brainstorms about what's going on with the
2.33.2 CLISP for Windows available from sourceforge. I'll be digging
into it more myself of course and will post whatever I discover but if
anyone has any ideas, please send them my way.

-Peter

Peter Seibel           * peter at gigamonkeys.com