[slime-devel] Re: def* indent

Helmut Eller e9626484 at stud3.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 10 17:54:18 UTC 2005

Travis Cross <travis at crosswirecorp.com> writes:

> Is there a reason that slime-conservative-indentation defaults to t
> (or any disadvantage to setting this to nil)?

If you have written some code without SLIME and you edit it now with
SLIME there's a chance that some macros will be indented differently.
This might be annoying ... or not.  It certainly annoyed me for some
time, but now I just set the 'common-lisp-indent-function properties
in my .emacs.  That's more predictable than relying on SLIME or def*
heuristics.

As slime-conservative-indentation seems to be a commons source of
confusion, I will change the default to t.

Thanks for the suggestion.