[slime-devel] Re: slime-display-edit-hilights

Stefan Kamphausen skampi at gmx.net
Tue Dec 20 08:36:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Von: Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com>
> > "Marco Baringer" <mb at bese.it> writes:
> >
> >> nikodemus fixed this yesterday..
> >
> > Hmmm. I see his entry in the ChangeLog but I still get the
> > highlighting in the REPL.

I think a problem that occurred this morning after updateting slime is
connected to this.  I found a log message from Marco stating:

> Got rid of message about setting up face
> and skipping edit-hilights when in a comment.

In the CVS mail archives.  I think for that you introduced the defun
in-comment-p.  First of all I think it should be renamed to
slime-in-comment-p and second it doesn't work on my XEmacs which has no
syntax-ppss-function.

I tried to come up with a portable solution but I know too little of
syntax-tables and a little web research on the origins of syntax-ppss
yielded no result for me other than that I can't find it even in the source
of xemacs-21.5.24.

For todays work I will remove the in-comment-p call in self-insert-function
and I hope for some help of you guys.

Thanks and regards,
Stefan Kamphausen