[slime-devel] Unable to edit Lisp file on Aquamacs/SLIME

Ulrich Hobelmann u.hobelmann at web.de
Thu Dec 15 18:24:44 UTC 2005

Hi, I have one very strange problem in Aquamacs 0.9.7: I have a
directory with Umlauts in the name, such as "Eine Übung", in it a
(Common) Lisp file.  I load the file in Aquamacs, I start SLIME, I try
to slime-compile the file (C-c C-k).  Emacs complains:
Coding system iso-latin-1-unix not suitable for "000067(:emacs-rex
(swank:compile-file-for-emacs
\"/Users/ulli/Desktop/LESD-Übung/uebung4-3.lisp\" t) nil t 4)

 From then on I can't even edit the file in the Lisp file's buffer (I
get the same error message every time).

Not sure if this is a SLIME error, or an Emacs error, but I suspect it's
SLIME.

I only use SLIME 1.2.1 (which seems the last stable one?), but maybe you
can reproduce the error, or tell me if it's fixed in a newer version.

--
If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.
	Louis Armstrong