[slime-devel] Re: slime + sbcl problems

xpacman+slime-devel at gmail.com xpacman+slime-devel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:47:03 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > 1) Debian SARGE, GNU Emacs 21.4.1, SBCL 0.8.16
> > 2) Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg), GNU Emacs 21.3.2, SBCL 0.8.18
>
> Please either use a non-ancient release of SBCL, or else use a version
> of slime which was current at the time that your SBCL was released.
1) SBCL 0.8.16 is the latest version in the Debian Sarge which is the
current stable release. And no, I can not install 'unstable' on the
server. And it's only a couple of months old anyway. I know that
Debian is quite conservative and lag quite a bit from the upstream,
but I think that backward incompatability for a very popular distro is
a "Bad Thing (tm)".
2) How do I know which version of SLIME to install?

Thanks.