[slime-devel] M-x slime-disconnect

Alexis Rondeau alexis.rondeau at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 19:27:12 UTC 2005

Hi there! Again I wanted to ask for opinions or solutions on the following
problem.

My setting is a Debian Stable with a 2.6.24 Kernel, cmucl 19b and slime from
todays CVS.
This whole thing takes place at a newly, dedicated server where I hoped this
problem would not persist (in contrast to my PC which has the same specs).
Unfortunately it does, so this is why I am posting again :)

Ok, so I startup cmucl with the following initfile:

(require 'asdf)
(pushnew "/usr/share/common-lisp/systems/" asdf:*central-registry* :test
#'equal)
(pushnew  #p"/home/lisper/slime/" asdf:*central-registry* :test #'equal)
(load "/home/lisper/slime/swank-loader.lisp")
(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :swank)
;;(setf swank:*use-dedicated-output-stream* nil)
;;(swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)

Once at the prompt within cmucl I enter

* (swank:create-server :port 4005 :dont-close t)
;; Swank started at port: 4005.

4005
And I can now, for example from another console via emacs comfortably via
M-x slime-connect. Ok, so I have the REPL and everything but at some point I
want to close the emacs-session (when I need to logout, for example) and I
hit M-x slime-disconnect.

What happens on the server-lisp running the swank server is this:
* ;; Connection to Emacs lost.
;; [End-of-File on #<Stream for descriptor 6>]

I am thrown in to the debugger, which is not really what I want, especially
when I want to run this in the background and need to trust that at least
swank works fine. Maybe, if you can tell me, this is safe to ignore. I don't
know. I tried create-server with suggestions from a post earlier this week
:style :spawn, :style :fd-handler, etc.. . It did not work and I don't know
what to do. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thank you for helping me with this :)

Best,

Alexis