[slime-devel] SLIME + CMUCL + Threads

Steve Huffman steve.huffman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:29:40 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm working on reddit.com and have been suffering from mysterious
lockup issues. I'm told there is an issue I've neglected to address
between SLIME and CMUCL.

My .cmucl.init-lisp contains these lines:

(swank:create-server :dont-close t)
(mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops)

I launch CMUCL via detachtty and connect to it via emacs + SLIME on
my local machine. I've recently learned of the slime-multiprocessing
variable in emacs, but do not set it from its default at present.
I've also learned that swank:*communication-style* plays a roll in
all of this.

My question is, how do all these pieces fit together? The goal is to
start CMUCL with detachtty and have our website run in all its multi-
threaded glory, but allow me to connect with SLIME when I need to
modify things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Steve Huffman