[slime-devel] Re: Any word on a 1.1 release?

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Tue Apr 19 00:18:28 UTC 2005

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> Peter Seibel <peter at gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>
>> So I'm lagging behind my original plan vis a vis the Practical Common
>> Lisp Lispbox distribution. (I've got preliminary versions of OS X and
>> GNU/Linux Lispboxes up.) So now that it's mid-April is there any
>> chance of an official 1.1 release of SLIME. To date I've been making
>> my own "releases" out of CVS HEAD but it'd be nice to have an official
>> one.
>
> If tagged the release with SLIME-1-2.  A tarball can be found at
>
>   http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/slime-1.2.tgz

Is that a tarball of the whole tree or a distribution made with
mkdist.sh? That is, I realize, a nitpicky question, but I wonder
because mkdist.sh usually makes a tar.gz rather than a .tgz file.
Which matters to me because my Lispbox build process needs to know how
to unpack and build the various components that make up Lispbox. Also
I'm anal enough to worry about whether distributions are being built
in a consistent way, i.e. preferably with mkdist.sh.

-Peter

Peter Seibel                                     peter at gigamonkeys.com