[slime-devel] SLIME via ssh?

Nicolas Neuss Nicolas.Neuss at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Apr 13 22:56:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have SBCL running on an Opteron Cluster (at the moment only one process).
This cluster has no Emacs installed.  I can connect to it only with ssh.

1. Is it possible to control the remote SBCL job with SLIME running on my
   own computer (a Laptop)?  Can SLIME work also with remote files via
   Tramp (e.g. by sending expressions to the remote SBCL)?  How is the
   setup?

2. It would be nice if the SBCL job could be kept running (doing a lengthy
   calculation) while I disconnect and log out (e.g. when carrying my
   Laptop to another place).  What is the right thing to do here?  Maybe
   screen or detachtty?  Both are not installed yet, but this would
   probably be easy...

Thanks for any hints,
Nicolas.