[slime-devel] small patch to slime-xref-quit & feature request.

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sun Apr 3 23:34:23 UTC 2005

Eduardo Muñoz <emufer at terra.es> writes:

> The feature request is to send more arguments to
> slime-translate-to-lisp-filename-function and her sister
> slime-translate-from-lisp-filename-function, say
> (lisp-implementation-version) and (machine-instance). I am
> no elisp expert and failed to work out something like
> this. The idea is to be able to know if the translation is
> really needed (emacs on windows, lisp on linux) or not
> (everything on linux). The easy part is to know where emacs
> is running and the hard one (that I leave to fine slime
> hackers :) is to know the lisp host environment.

I've added elisp functions slime-lisp-implementation-version and
slime-machine-version.  The values are initialized at startup.

Btw, you could have used something like

  (slime-eval '(cl:lisp-implementation-version))

to access the value and slime-connected-hook is probably a good place
to setup the filename translation.