[slime-devel] the inspector (warning allegro and lispworks users)

Martin Simmons martin at xanalys.com
Tue Sep 14 18:02:40 UTC 2004

  Marco> i just changed the swank inspector api. inspect-for-emacs (ex
  Marco> inspected-parts) now takes a second argument which is an inspector
  Marco> object. this means that we get implementation specific inspectors
  Marco> where available and default generic inspectors otherwise and clears up
  Marco> the load order issues i was having.

  Marco> i went and re-wrote all the implementation inspector methods to use
  Marco> the new return-value format (previously those methods were being
  Marco> ignored so the issue never came up). HOWEVER: I also made these
  Marco> changes for allegro and lispworks, even though i don't have neither an
  Marco> allegro nor a lispworks to test the changes on. i may very well have
  Marco> b0rken things.

No problems, it seems to be working in LispWorks.  I'm not sure that the
getter and setter functions should be returned though, because they are part
of the inspector, not part of the object.

BTW, is there an intentional change to the working practice for commit
messages in slime?  I see that you use the whole ChangeLog entry in every
file, rather than just the paragraph that describes the changes in that file
(without the prefix).

__Martin